It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My new daily driver!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 am 

Now that I'm down a few vehicles at the house and had a little extra cash I went and saw this Ramcharger Canyon Sport yesterday...

1993 DODGE RAM CHARGER - $3500 (COLORADO SPRINGS)

1993 DODGE RAM CHARGER, FOR SALE BY ORIGINAL OWNER, 183,000MILES, RUNS GREAT, WELL MAINTAINED.

Long story short, an older couple had owned it since new -- they supposedly bought the last one in the state (or they had to have a dealer go out of state to find one -- they couldn't recall specifically). Anyhow it runs great -- 5.9L Magnum still runs like a top, 3.5 gears, A518 lockup, sure grip, etc. Made the 100+ mile trip home yesterday without a hitch -- and caught myself doing 85-90 a couple of times without even knowing it!

They'd taken really good care of it over the years -- nice matched Firestone tires still have plenty of tread, recently had a timing chain/water pump, rear hatch shocks, Borgeson steering shaft, etc. At this point it really needs minimal work but I can say I've never driven an older Dodge that drove this well -- great power, tranny shifts nice and smooth, no squeaks, rattles, thumps, groans...so far I can't find even one burned out light bulb!

So my new daily driver is now at home...I've wanted a Canyon Sport for sometime and even though white wasn't my first choice, the 5.9L and 4x4 were must-haves!

Post subject: Re: My new daily driver!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:14 pm 

SUPER NICE!!!!

Love mine.

also a daily driver in Green.

How many miles??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 pm 

183k on the clock but man it drives/runs like it has many less miles than that! It's nice to find an older truck that was taken care of so well...so many are just so beat nowadays! Been driving it around most of today -- I think I got my buddy (who has a '96 Dakota and has had other Mopar throughout his life) hooked on them! He's been looking for something with more room/power and was considering a Durango, but I think the RC might have just changed his mind! ;)

This one really needs minimal things to bring it up to snuff...one being a good clay bar, compounding, polish, and wax. The rest being just little niggly thing (trim, etc).

Amazing to not have any rattles when driving -- and doors that just close with one solid thud! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 am 

I like it alot.
I like my 93 a bunch....interesting enough, I have a red one, jeff has a green one, and yours is white...all 5.9 c/s trucks...
thinking maybe something like 81-93 specialty truck picture section should be added...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 am 

Thank you! That is pretty crazy that the 3 of us have 5.9 Canyon Sports! I wonder how many out of the less than 2000 RCs made for the 93 model year were like ours?!

A picture section for the specialty trucks is a great idea!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:14 pm 

back when they were newer, or almost new, I bought a lease return white 93 cs 5.2 mag out of Vegas, Pride Dodge, before and now Desert Dodge on Sahara. Loved that truck.... also bought a low mileaged roll over for parts for my red cs.....the parts truck was a white 92 cs 5.2 mag....most of the interior out of that truck ended up in mine...then I sold it to a wrecking yard friend...it had 92k on it, and was pristine until a 16 yr old wrecked it once, and then rolled it 4 weeks later....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 pm 

Any idea how many of the '93s produced were Canyon Sports (or which color(s) is (are) most common?

In with the books in the glove box was a copy of the original dealer invoice -- cheap by today's standards, but expensive back then! Pretty cool to see a break down of the options/prices/etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 pm 

How much back then?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:38 pm 

4x4 Ramcharger 106" WB: $18941.60
Trailer tow prep package: $324.70
Anti-spin differential: $218.45
5.9L Magnum V-8 MPI Engine: $339.15
Rear step bumper - light sand: $103.70
Premium AM/FM Cassette w/G.E. $130.05
Tires: 31x10.5R15LTC OWL SBR A/T: $520.20
Fuel tank skid plate shield: $76.50
Skid plate transfer case shield: $76.50
"Owners follow up services": $15.00
Certificate of origin: $1.00
Canyon Sport Advtange Packages: $4071.50
Dodge discount: $2061.25-
Denver Metro - PPA: $130.00
Denver Metro - DAA: $100.00
Destination Charge: $595.00

Original invoice total: $23582.10

MSRP retail total: $26761.00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:00 am 

Not too much to report on the Canyon Sport...it has new Pioneer speakers front and rear as well as an OE AM/FM/CD/Cassette combo (which plays CDRs). I did one small upgrade -- the '95/'96 Dakota/Van power window/lock switches, which look like these:

I like this style switch better -- since neither are lit they're easier to find in the dark -- and -- in my opinion -- don't look as cheesy as the dimpled silver switches.

And lastly I put 4 new shocks on -- this probably made the biggest difference as the original fronts were blown and the rears were very soft!

I do have some '94-'96 "honeycomb" style Ramcharger grille inserts coming from Mexico -- can't decide if I want them on the Ramcharger or the crew (once it gets the '91-'93 front end conversion).