It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My new Adventurer SE Power Wagon..
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:01 pm 

I have been busy with a bit of the engine work and tracking down new heads. One of my was damaged by a long time exhaust leak and by someone snapping off 2 manifold bolts in the head. Finally found 2 on craigslist for $80 so they are getting rebuilt with new springs, seats, and decking the exhaust surface. Today I finally got the framerails and axle completely cleaned and have started the painting. Keep an eye peeled for some pics. Tomorrow the engine gets a new timing chain and some paint! Thanks to member lexusbratton I will also be receiving in the mail a new emissions sticker to put on my freshly painted valve covers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:36 pm 

So here is some pictures of my progress. This has taken me a little bit longer than I wanted to but I went on vacation and also had other stuff I had to attend to. Here is some pictures of my engine with fresh paint and also some of the frame rails with new paint. I just painted the engine bay frame rails and didn't do under the cab or under the bed. I will do that later but wanted to get this thing on the road before the winter weather hits here in Oregon. There will probably be some snow but I am ready with my 4x4. I will be putting some new wheels and tires on the truck before the bad weather hits so that will get me some better traction. I don't really want to lift it so I will probably go with some 16inch allied wheel company daytona wheels and Dick Cepek Mountain cat tires in a 285/75/16. Any one else running this tire size?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 pm 

Just parted out an adventurer SE It was a 79 long bed club cab that had some of the wide molding in fantastic condition all things considered. Also had the same door panels in red, I was able to save the wood center pieces and trim as well. I also saved the SE150 emblems. if you need anything let me know. there are a few other interior parts but they are mostly for a club cab.

johnmn420@AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 am 

Great looking job .

That will be a very nice truck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 am 

I have been putting the motor together recently so I will post some more pics of my progress here soon. I went today and had the headers, pulleys, and motor mounts media blasted so I can paint them up before I put them back together. I had all this work done for $75 which I thought was a good deal. This project has taken me longer than I thought it would because I did not realize all the time that goes into cleaning and painting each little part :D Oh well, at least it will look nice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:11 pm 

I am wondering where everyone's emission stickers are? On my D200 club cab with the 400 it is on the valve cover but on the 360 valve covers there is not a real good spot for the sticker. Any body have a pic or suggestions where to put it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:22 pm 

Got the water pump all sealed up and all the brackets put on as well. I had to stop working on the truck for a little bit while I fixed a home plumbing problem :twisted: But the engine will go in soon. I will put in new torque converter on friday (day off) and also a new tranny input shaft seal, power brake booster and master cylinder while I am in there. It is well on it's way to a great daily driver. Some one please answer my emissions sticker question. Where does it go?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:59 am 

("Some one please answer my emissions sticker question. Where does it go?")

I have a '79 and it's on the passinger side upper/top inner fender panel. It's a white sticker about 2" wide and 9" long. Has information about emission certfication (49 state Fed) and timing & size of engine.
Picture is attached:
Attachment:
'79 warlock2.2.jpg
'79 warlock2.2.jpg [ 38.37 KiB | Viewed 3427 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 pm 

It looks like they changed the sticker size from 78 to 79. Mine is about 3 inches tall by 6 wide. It is white with green writing. Thanks for the reply though! Any body with a 78 have a picture or description of the location?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next