It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My new Adventurer SE Power Wagon..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:37 pm 

So I got the engine sitting in the engine bay now but still need to put the accesories on it. I still need a few items for it as well. Any body have a :
360 dipstick with the tube or a powersteering pump and brackets that come off the engine? If you have these parts please contact me. I think this engine is out of a motor home cause the dipstick is too long and the powersteering resivoir does not quite line up with the pulleys so it sits a tiny bit crooked. Can any body confirm this?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 am 

Got the engine up and running great. I had the carb tuned and everthing else dialed in so now the truck runs like a dream! Still need to do some stuff to the engine like repaint the air cleaner and figure out the power steering resivoir brackets but good news is its back on the road and running well. I also put new wheels and tires on it so it looks more agressive. I went to some 16" wheels and 265/75/16 Wild Country TXR's I got from work for a great deal. So here is a question I have for you guys- I need the gaskets for the fuel tank where the filler neck meets the bed and also where it meets the tank. Any body know where to get these? I know dodgeconnection has a kit which includes the sending unit and gasket for the tank but I don't need the sending unit. I will post some pics here soon of the engine and tires as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:14 am 

You will probably have to do the same thing I did, I was not able to find a gasket for the sending unit either. I just got some of the cork/rubber style gasket material and cut out my own. if you have a hole punch you can make the holes that it needs.

Classicironman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:59 pm 

Yep, that's the exact same thing I've done to my gas tanks over the years, I'd also make a new gasket for the filler neck tube also, since you got the tank out.. It's all kinda tedious, I've even doubled up the gaskets for a tight fit if the cork gasket paper isn't too thick..

-Jim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 pm 

Thanks for the tips! Looks like I will be buying some cork material soon and getting to it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 pm 

So I finally got some pics so here they are :lol: I still have some stuff to do like clean and paint the air cleaner and do some other small stuff but for now she's on the road! I also took her up to a mountain wheeling spot and took her down one trail where she did pretty well especially since its a stock truck. I don't think I will ever take her down another trail but at least she proved her self.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm 

Last edited by ben on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm 

Last edited by ben on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:22 pm 

Those TXRs I think are a great tire, I also have them on my '76 shortbox. Gotta get that antifreeze leak fixed our else your gonna lose all of your nice paint! Man that thing even has tilt/cruise! That's a nice optioned machine! BTW, do you need pieces of missing trim? I may have some around here, will make that truck even better!

-Jimbo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next