It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My new Adventurer SE Power Wagon..
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 am 

Yeah it has alot of options but strangely no ac :lol: I just fixed the thermostat leak so I am good to go on that. It was an eye sore for sure on the new paint. Yes I would be interested in the missing trim pieces if you have them. Please drop me a pm or an email at beng3303@gmail.com. If you also have it I need a 78-80 style vent window handle for the drivers side. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 am 

on the thermostat leak, you will have problems with the chrome outlet....or at least everyone that I know that had them had leaking problems...
FYI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:34 pm 

Yep, I concur, I just get the new Napa t-stat neck, Part #BK 6051051 , $5.49

-jim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 am 

:twisted: I knew I shouldn't have bought that dumb thing. Oh well at least I still have the old one if it starts to leak again. It has some warpage and so I was thinking of sanding it down a little bit to straighten it out. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm 

Change of plans :( I realize that with my job and other commitments I will not be having as much time as I used to for working on this. I am thinking I will probably sell the old girl as much as I don't want to. I will post an ad in the for sale section and you guys can see it there. Hopefully one of you will see it an buy it so you can finish what I started. It just needs the body and paint to be completed to be a nice truck. Regardless it still runs great and is much improved as opposed to when I bought it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am 

You can't sell it, you're gonna regret it! My wife won't even let me sell mine!

-Jimb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 am 

Yeah I know. I don't really want to sell it but I think it's for the best :oops: I need to free up some of my time and don't need another project. Hopefully one of you guys will need another project/ daily driver! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 am 

On second thought... Maybe I was a bit hasty in deciding to sell it. I sure do enjoy it and would hate to see it go.Plus if I sold it I would lose lots of money and someone else would enjoy all the time I put into it. Stay tuned as I have some projects up and coming. I will be pulling the tank and cleaning all the junk out of it as well as installing a new sending unit and resealing the filler neck to the bed. I will also be putting in new door panels and new seals on the doors and hopefully soon a cd player.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 am 

I'm telling ya, you'll regret selling that thing, and I know you probably won't get what you're asking for it, so why not keep it if its all paid for!!??
It's not like it has to be done tommorow.
-JIm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 am 

So I have been pretty busy at the local junk yards lately! I have gotten a rear view mirror, passenger fender with the trim on it which was super hard to find. I also got a core support with a little bit of rust on it but it was the best one I have seen here in the North West. I will probably get it sand blasted and then weld in some reinforcement down below where they always rust before I install it. I just need to find the drivers fender with the correct trim studs and then I will have a complete front clip to replace mine. I think for the time being until I'm ready to paint the whole truck I will just paint the front clip with rattle can silver and maroon. It will be pretty close and will do the job until I paint the whole truck. The front header panel and the core support I got where off a 79 so I was wondering if that will be compatible with my 78 or do I need to use a 79 grille as well? If anybody needs the lower 3inch wide trim off a long bed I have a few pieces that I got today that I would sell or trade for some other trim pieces I need. I should also be installing my door panels that I redyed black that look new. If anybody is looking for a good interior dye napa sell it for around $10. Worked great!