It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: junkyard find
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 pm 

well, I know it isn't a power wagon, but I think it is worthy of showing a picture anyways...
so I go looking for some clips for my windshield stainless and find a truck that just shouldn't have been in the wrecking yard, it was a 1972(early build) d100 long bed adventurer SE truck. The truck was complete and had 3 of the 4 original hub caps on it, along with ALL of the trim still. It is a 360 2bbl truck with factory a/c, cruise, factory tool box, and a ton of original stuff on it. I had to look inside of the glove box to see who owned it, and to my surprise it was sold new here in town, and the address was just down the road from where I live, like a 1/4 mile or so. So I think back, I don't remember ever seeing this truck before, and looking at it, it looks like 70K miles which is what the ODO says......so I ask if it is for sale..my buddy who owns the yard says yup, make me an offer....how about 200 bucks....he said yes...and I even used his roll back to bring it home....broke the news to the wife that the clips were 200 bucks and it came with a truck...I guess it is better to ask for forgiveness than for permission....lol....
the same day I got it home, I start looking thru the truck, I found both sets of original keys, and in the tool box was a set of craftsman tools and jack...cool. I figured I should see if the engine is stuck, but it wasn't, so off I went to get a good battery and fresh fuel....I hooked up the battery and pulled the fuel line and spun it over...nice and even which was a good sign but it didn't fire up....so I checked it some more and put on a known good ign module and it fired up and ran pretty darn good...very good in fact!!
So I put it into gear and it went, and well, it got hosed off and I took a picture...my wife was supprised that it ran and drove...

Attachments:
File comment: 72 adv se
D14AF2S adventurer se 001.jpg
D14AF2S adventurer se 001.jpg [ 443.04 KiB | Viewed 2979 times ]

Post subject: Re: junkyard find
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 am 

Wow !!
Makes me want to move out West just to find vehicles in this condition. You can't touch a rust bucket here for $200 as it's worth that in scrap let alone any parts.
Congrats !!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 pm 

uh nice clips! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:50 am 

Now that's value! :D