It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New guy from New Mexico....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 pm 

Hi guys my name is Jeff and I'm in new Mexico. Not sure how many "young" power wagon enthusiasts are around now days but I'm one of them. I bought my first power wagon macho (a 77 big block truck) when I was 12 for 500$. I still have it. I've owned 2 other machos (a yellow big block 77 and an orange small block 77), and I have a 74 club cab that I bought when I was 15 and restored it. I still have it as well but it's in need of another going thru. I'm 27 years old now...

I will post up pics of my trucks soon. Some of you might have seen pics of my trucks on offroadexchange and a few other places. I recently got the urge to get back into my old trucks. I got out of the game for a while and got heavily involved with cummins' dodges. I have a 93 club cab cummins, just sold a 98 quad cab short bed making over 600 at the wheels, and I also have a 04.5 that's my dd and a "prerunner/chase truck for my buddies class 10 desert car.

My familys power wagon history;
My dads first truck was a 67 power wagon, which he sold and bought a 73 pw new. Was a blue half ton long bed, 360 4 speed. Had 6 spoke jackmans and 11-15 flot-trac rv's. He got a cabover camper and traded up to a 73 3/4 ton 360 4 speed, silver and black. Around 1990 my uncle in phx sold my dad his 73 4 speed "bronze metallic/white" truck, with only 25k miles on it. That truck got bought by my uncle. Around 94, I had some money save and always wanted a pw. My parents let me buy a 77 orange macho, 400, auto for 500$. It's a rust bucket but I still have it. It has some turbo mags, lots of bondo and a few other little things. I beat that truck up for a few years learning to drive on the beaches of our local lake. The truck is/was way too far gone to restore. In 97 or so I stumbled on a 74 club cab shortbed, bronze metallic, auto, 360. It had 111k miles, was very clean, and 100% original. Over a year or so I tore it down, painted it yellow/black, etc. I found a yellow 77 macho that was dilapidated, but had a 6" lift and 35's. I bought it and used some parts and finally sold the shell. The 74 now had a fully built 360, built 727, 14 bolt rear, has a HD 44 front but I have a king pin 60 for it, 40" swampers, etc. In the midst of all that I had acquired another orange 77 small block macho, which my cousin is building now. I have recently got a 93 cummins, which I am really considering cannibalizing and building a 72-79 4 door short bed macho replica cummins. I also know where there is a 77-78 blue macho that I've been trying to get my hands on for years. There are lots of machos here in nm. I can recall a good 30 or so I've personally tried to buy.

I look fowarding to contributing here!

Anyhow...long winded but I dunno how I didn't find this site sooner!!

1993 cummins/79-80 RC conversion
2004.5 cummins qc sb KORE race susp, 37" toyos walker beadlocks ~480hp trussed 9.25
Owned:77 yellow bb macho, 68 4 door W200 etc

Post subject: Re: New guy from New Mexico....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:33 am 

Welcome!!!
You really are a Macho/PowerWagon enthusiast!!! Nice to have you here!

Post subject: Re: New guy from New Mexico....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:53 pm 

Dito nice to have fresh blood. I am looking for a rust free 79 4x4 cab for my orange Macho it is very well optioned and I know I am in to deep already but I figured that it was something I always wanted to do and now I am closer to get er done. lol I am torn between semi modernization and years of classic car nut and bolt restorations. I keep leaning toward modernizing it. But we will see. I also spent some time in Alamogordo NM. Well anyway if you want to contact me my e-mail address is johnmn420@aol.com again welcome to the club......john