It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 pm 

palomino wrote:
that is such a neat build....

thanks - the best/worst part is i am doing it all myself and it is my first time doing something like this... to say i am in over my head AND committed is an understatement.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:45 pm 

CSS-Registry wrote:
to say i am in over my head AND committed is an understatement. :D

Sounds like a description of my entire life! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:19 am 

Great site- lots of great trucks and ideas! Thanks for having me! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 am 

macho440 wrote:
Great site- lots of great trucks and ideas! Thanks for having me! :P

Welcome to the site...
you don't want to come out to cali, there about ready to start giving out IOU's for paychecks from the state....the're BROKE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 am 

Sounds like what happened before Enron tanked- I was there for the rolling blackouts. I used to walk around the warehouse with a flashlight and keep working. Good times...would have liked to have been on the other end of it though $$$ work 6 months and retire. When I left the first time they were shutting down rest areas because they couldn't afford to maintain them. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 pm 

Well, obviously I'm new to the site and have to say I wish I found it sooner. Knowing that there's pople out there that have an interest in saving/caring for these trucks is cool
!
I don't really know where to start but I'll try. I was brought up in the Mopar world by my father. When he got out of the service in '67 he ordered a '67 Hemi Plymouth GTX-4 speed. Drove that until he traded it in on a new '70 Hemi Challenger-4 speed. Drove that hard and got rid of that for and AMC Matador until he bought the RC. That was late '81 and it's been around since. I've caught the bug-I've owned the same '81 Macho RC, an '83 RC, an '85 P'up, and '88 and '85 parts P'up's. Now I drive a 2000 Ram 1500 Q-Cab Off Road package 1500. My bro has also driven Rams(87 RC, 1997 ram 1500 Sport, 1999 Ram 2500). My father now still drives the '95 Ram2500 HD that he sold me the RC for. He bought that new also(V10/5 Speed/ Dana 70 front/Dana 80 rear). It';s pretty rough now but he can't afford anything else so I'm looking for a good sheet metal donor for him. That's my story-there's more but fdon't have time -dinners ready and I have to go. talk soon!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:38 pm 

Welcome BigRam! You're in good company here! We'd love to see some pictures of all your vehicles! Hair stands up on the back of my neck thinking about that 67 Hemi GTX! That was one bad ride! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm 

Yeah I always grew up listening to his stories about all the stuff he did in those cars but both were long gone before I cam along('75). I have always been interested to see if I could find them but al of my leads end up nowhere. It's a pretty slim chance to find either seeing he tossed all the paperwork just about 10 years ago that had VIN's on it. I guess that's the reason I really can't bring myself to part with the RC. It's the only vehicle that he owned new that's still around. I would love to put it back to stock and surprise him with it. He does like itlike it sits tho.He's still a kid at heart, even at 67 years old. We do our share of dreaming about what is way out of reach for us now. I do have a lead on a '68 Hemi 4speed Road Runner and stay in touch with the guy but I don't know as tho anything will ever happen with it-that would be great. But until then I have the RC and will get back to work on it here someday. It doesn't need much butit is showing it's age-it's been done for about 13 years now. It's needs some touch up on the body work and that's whatreall gets me thinking of putting it back to stock. I can get pics up right now but the only things that I own are the RC and my'00 Ram. My girl has a Grand Cherokee so Mopar is all around us. I'll see what I can do. It's supposed to be in the 40-50 degree range here next week so maybe I'll pull the RC out and wash it and snap some pics for y'all. I have a couple of it in the garage that I'll see if I can post.

Attachments:
Motor.jpg
Motor.jpg [ 163 KiB | Viewed 27822 times ]
Drive side.jpg
Drive side.jpg [ 102.42 KiB | Viewed 27822 times ]
Pass. side.jpg
Pass. side.jpg [ 89.32 KiB | Viewed 27822 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:56 pm 

Hello everyone: Last 440 suggested this sight to me a while back. Finally got a chance to sit down and join up. I've been in to cars since the sandbox days. We were brought up with GMs' Learnt how to drive on a 1950 GMC 1 Ton about 38 years ago. Actually restoring right now for my dad who was diagnosed with cancer. Hope to have it done for next spring. I was doing it on the sly but figured I'd let dad in on it about half way thru. Got a smile out of him. He said you might as well fix the fenders you dented them. First mopar I run was a 76 Charger right out of high school. Had various makes and years from Fairlanes to 67 cutlass{ one of my favourites} buicks , pontiacs even a 68 rebel 4spd. car.
I can remember going down to the states to drive a car back for a friend back in 86. Drove down in his 70 cuda rag. That was great. Turned out I was driving back a 69 Coronet 500. By the time I got back home I was hooked on Mopar. Still have that car today. Still untouched original. Since then I've run a few chargers Challengers, roadrunners, etc. Still have 68 Barracuda Formula S. But I am stuck on the 76 to 79 dodge pickups now. Have a 77 shortbox 4x4 , 400 auto,Powerwagon, also 77 Club cab shortbox 4x4 440 auto, 2- 77 Californians 54000 mile rust free Black Warlock with 318 4spd. that I'm doing up for my wife. Have a bunch of misc years of dodge pickups. I'm hooked on the Californians now. :D Looking for more of them and parts, info etc. I will post pics later. Looking forward to conversing with all of you. Take care. Darren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 pm 

He said you might as well fix the fenders you dented them.

I can hear my Dad saying that too!

Great to have you here.

Always look forward to seeing pictures of your Collection.

In particular that Silver 77 Californian Power Wagon 440.

Welcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next