It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:57 am 

Hello and welcome to MachoPowerWagon.com Forums!

We're glad you could join us! It's always a good idea to introduce ourselves and tell a bit about who we are.

I'll go first...

I live in upstate South Carolina. My Father, (as was my grandfather before him), was a small town Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealer. Automobiles have always been a way of life with us. My brother turned out to be the Chevrolet guy in the family. Being the second sibling, (and I suppose, needing to set my own path) I became an inveterate Oldsmobile fanatic.

The first Oldsmobile I ever owned was a 1967 4-4-2, Saffron yellow with matching interior. I bought it when I was still a Junior in High School in 1975, and still have this car today. I've owned many Oldsmobiles over the years... too many to name here. Along with the 67 4-4-2, I also retain a 1965 Cutlass Supreme 4-4-2 convertible and a 1966 Starfire.

What is an Oldsmobile fanatic doing on a Dodge Macho Power Wagon forum?

Remember a few years back when the "Einsteins" at General Motors decided to do away with Oldsmobile? This was a mortal blow to me and millions of dyed in the wool Oldsmobile lovers. I became so infuriated with GM, I decided I'd never, ever buy another GM product again. After all... Oldsmobile was my car! Can you imagine how you'd feel if Chrysler just up and decided to do away with Dodge?

Luckily I grew up with a friend who was as much a Mopar fanatic as I was an Olds guy. We used to go to the Southern National Drag Races in Atlanta, Georgia, drink a case of beer and argue over who was going to win Pro Stock. I guess my friend's enthusiasm rubbed off on me somewhat. After the demise of Oldsmobile, I sold my 1997 4x Chevy Cheyenne, (I drove Chevrolet trucks because Oldsmobile didn't make one) and bought a 2005 Dodge Ram 4x with the Hemi. This was a very nice truck and probably had as much to do with my becoming a Dodge man as anything.

Another thing about my friend who is a Mopar fanatic:

Back in the early eighties, we hardly ever missed getting together on Thursday nights to cook out, drink Schaeffer beer and watch "Magnum PI" and "Simon and Simon." It was during those days watching "Simon and Simon" that I first became intrigued with Macho Power Wagons.

About two months ago, I sold the 2005 Ram and bought a 1991 Ram 2x with 318 and posi rear. It's a long bed... gold with red pin stripes and dog dish hub caps. The air blows good and cold! I got this truck for nine hundred dollars and absolutely love it!

But I want more...

I've developed an intense interest (an obsession if you will) for Macho Power Wagons. I really, really want one!

Also, I have an obsession with the Linux operating system and use it on several computers in two businesses. Recently, I decided to broaden my Linux knowledge by creating a website and hosting it myself on a Linux/Apache web server. What better way to lean about web design and hosting than to create a website about something I was passionate about?

So here we are. Linux web servers and Macho Power Wagons. A seemingly unlikely combination I guess, but for me... the two together is absolute bliss.

I hope you will enjoy MachoPowerWagon.com as much as I've enjoyed creating it!

Cheers!

Dapper Dan

Post subject: Re: Hello and Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:34 am 

I have always been a dodge guy, owned a couple of GM products over the years, NEVER A FURD, and worked for a few GM Dealerships as a Mechanic, Service Advisor and Assistant Service Manager.
I would say my infatuation with the PALOMINO and dodge trucks in general started when I was a kid, and my folks bought a new 2wd PALOMINO back in 79. It was suppose to be mine when I turned 16, but dad died and mom traded it in on a sunbird wagon.....yuk! Anyhow, since about the early 90's I have been searching for a PALOMINO to restore, and with the advent of the internet I have eventually purchased a bunch of them......2 reasons....one because they are unusual and uncommon to see, and the 2nd and main reason is because they remind me a bunch of my father!
So.....IMO this site has soooo much potential, but like everything, it will take some time to get it going.....GOOD JOB :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 am 
Site looks great! I say prepare for a Tsunami of activity. You've seen the commercial showing the launch of a new internet commerce site. They turn it on and they are all sad because visitors are just trickling in 1sy 2sy, click, click,
then in a few seconds it starts to pickup, seconds later 100s then 1000s and then they exchange worried looks as they realize......
They've created a monster that is out of control!
Lets hope for a MONSTER.
Good Luck MPW :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:02 am 

Guest wrote:
Site looks great! I say prepare for a Tsunami of activity. You've seen the commercial showing the launch of a new internet commerce site. They turn it on and they are all sad because visitors are just trickling in 1sy 2sy, click, click,
then in a few seconds it starts to pickup, seconds later 100s then 1000s and then they exchange worried looks as they realize......
They've created a monster that is out of control!
Lets hope for a MONSTER.
Good Luck MPW :D

Thanks! I hope you'll register and join us! If we get that Tsunami of activity, I just hope my poor little ol' server can stand it! :o

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:45 am 

well, i've made it.
nice to see familiar faces.
been a fan for years, but in michigan, dodge trucks come to die.
having been a mopar fan my entire life, as grandfather worked at chrysler from the very beginning, i've always gravitated towards mopars subconsciously.

been a truck fan after i went thru my musclecar faze and were priced out of my realm. for some reason trucks don't like life here in michigan as they rust and rust.
so finding a clean one is very rare.

having known Palomino for years and purchasing a few from him (to which i've never had) it has always made me want to know these trucks better. i started a registry for these 72-80. haven't really done much in last couple years tho. takes a lot of time and a whole lot of effort to keep going and organized. so i've decided to keep track of certain models now.

having been a fan of Macho's since my teenage years and a guy who was friends w/a guy who had the fastest car in town had one on 40's. i've wanted one ever since. my first Macho was a 78 sunrise orange 318/auto w/fact a/c, tilt, tach suregrip and skylite sunroof. course, this poor truck died a michigan death and was rusted beyond saving.

one day i will have another. course, everyone knows my pention for green :mrgreen:
if not, you will. :lol:

so here i am and will share my knowledge of these.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 am 

A great big MachoPowerWagon.com welcome to you Macho Man! Glad you're among us! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:15 pm 

Macho Man wrote:
well, i've made it.
nice to see familiar faces.
been a fan for years, but in michigan, dodge trucks come to die.
having been a mopar fan my entire life, as grandfather worked at chrysler from the very beginning, i've always gravitated towards mopars subconsciously.

been a truck fan after i went thru my musclecar faze and were priced out of my realm. for some reason trucks don't like life here in michigan as they rust and rust.
so finding a clean one is very rare.

having known Palomino for years and purchasing a few from him (to which i've never had) it has always made me want to know these trucks better. i started a registry for these 72-80. haven't really done much in last couple years tho. takes a lot of time and a whole lot of effort to keep going and organized. so i've decided to keep track of certain models now.

having been a fan of Macho's since my teenage years and a guy who was friends w/a guy who had the fastest car in town had one on 40's. i've wanted one ever since. my first Macho was a 78 sunrise orange 318/auto w/fact a/c, tilt, tach suregrip and skylite sunroof. course, this poor truck died a michigan death and was rusted beyond saving.

one day i will have another. course, everyone knows my pention for green :mrgreen:
if not, you will. :lol:

so here i am and will share my knowledge of these.

Welcome MACHO Man....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 am 

Hey all, I was so glad to see a site dedicated to the Macho trucks. I have a 77 Macho, posted in the pics section. The truck was a gift from a friend and I have been a fan of them every since. I love all kinds of classic cars and trucks, but Mopar is my favorite. I live in Texas, wife and two boys, 7 & 6 year olds. My boys love the truck and have aptly named it "The Power Beast." Thanks again for the site.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm 

Thanks for posting LDB! My kids are about the same age. Just Saturday we were on a road trip when we went by a nice mid 80's Dodge Ram. I commented on it. About two minutes later, my five year old son said, "Daddy, do you want a Power Wagon?" To which my seven year old daughter admonished... "Daddy wants a Macho Power Wagon!" I almost ran off the road. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 pm 

Right On!
When my son was about 5, he and I were home one eve
and after dinner, channel surfing. It was just he and I and,
well it's pretty hard to find Programming that suits young and
well,,,, me.

So after blurring through almost the entire 65 dollar package
of direct tv I found a channel that was showing older movies.
This one was in vivid 60s color and my son put his hand up
and said wait Dad I want to see that.

It was Nancy Sinatra with all her long blond hair and giant
Go Go boots doing a little # called "these boots were made
for walking"

It was a proud moment. And we had found something that
interested both of us. :lol: