It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 pm 

I'm new here and I have a 1979 Dodge Warlock II that belonged to my Dad. I have a post in the Warlock section about it. It has been sitting since 1987 and it rough shape, but I plan on fixxing it up. A little about my self, I'm 32 years old, from Andrews, SC, currently in the Marine Corps, been in the USMC since Oct 1998, stationed in Beaufort, SC, I'm married, have a 5 year old daughter, 2 dogs a German Shepherd and terrier mix, my hobbies are all offroad related I have a 91 Toyota 4Runner that is set up for rock crawling, I also have a Kawi Brute Force ATV and my wife has a Honda Rancher ATV.

I look forward to learning more about the old Dodge trucks, I didn't relize that my Dad's old Dodge was just a old Dodge. I hate that I let it sit so long and get to the condition that it's in right now. I hope to have to on the road again in about a year. This also depends on the needs of the Marine Corps, I'm currently in Iraq but will be back in a few weeks.

Steven

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 pm 

The Warlock didn't look too bad- I couldn't tell if the surface rust had gone through- don't see too many that color. Rims in the air shot look like Keystone Classics. Welcome to MPW! ;)

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:58 pm 

macho440 wrote:
The Warlock didn't look too bad- I couldn't tell if the surface rust had gone through- don't see too many that color. Rims in the air shot look like Keystone Classics. Welcome to MPW! ;)

Thanks,

The rockers, cab corners, fenders, and bed have some rusted through (holes). The floor pans are rusted over really bad and pos. started to go through. I haven't looked the truck in awhile but I when I get home I'm going look it over and find out how much work needs to be done.

Those are Keystone's, my Dad loved them. It also a set of Jeep (header) side pipes that run under the cab. They were suppose have been for mom's old CJ7 but he took them and did a custom fit to the Warlock. I remeber my mom being really upset with him because of that. When I get home I'll look some old pics of it and scan them, my mom has lots in the photo album.