It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: photo gallery
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:30 am 

I've tried many times to post photos but it keeps telling me that the photo is to big. My brother tried as well and couldn't figure it out. I have photos for your site and found a few for sale that should be posted but it wont let me. I suggest looking into this to expand your photo memory or something that will fix this.

Post subject: Re: photo gallery
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 pm 

Hi powerwagondodge and welcome to the forums. Sorry you're having trouble.

We have a set limit for image size which is 1024x768. Anything larger gets really big to see on most computer screens and takes up valuable space on the server. An easy solution is to resize images with a photo editor. A good free option is to download "Gimp," an image editing program that is totally free.

Once Gimp is installed, open your image in Gimp, right click on your picture, choose "Image" then "Scale Image" and choose a smaller size. After resizing, right click on the image again and click "save." Be sure and save it under another file name so your original image doesn't get overwritten by the newly resized image. Any resized images 1024x768 or under will work just fine.

Another option is to upload pictures to a free Image hosting site like PhotoBucket or Imageshack. Once your picture is uploaded, copy the URL of your picture and paste it here. If you copy the "Thumbnails for Forums" URL and paste it here, we'll have a nice little thumbnail of your image viewers can click on. Here's an example...

Hope this helps. :)