It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: An unbelievable lost and found story...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:30 pm 

We have a large tract of undeveloped land that we often visit. One day we hope to build a house there. About two years ago, I was doing work on our land for several hours. When I got home, I discovered I couldn't find my wedding band. I checked my pockets thoroughly, and to my horror discovered there was a hole in the bottom of my left pocket. I remembered taking the ring off and putting it in the left pocket so as not to scar it up on the rocks I'd been moving. It had to have fallen out through the hole but where?? I'd been in many locations and it could have been just about anywhere!

For a few weeks, I looked in all the places where I thought it would be, going over each area with a fine toothed comb. Nothing. After a while, I just accepted the fact that it was lost for good. From then until now, I cannot tell you how many times I felt tremendous remorse over losing that ring. I always felt a small glimmer of hope that it might turn up somewhere else where I had not searched.

A few times in the last two years, I have had this dream that I was in a certain location on our 120 acres, looking up at the sky. That dream stayed with me and I felt a strange compulsion to go to that particular location. Always though, I'd begin to see things rationally and would convince myself that there was nothing to it. In fact, I'm not even sure I consciously connected those dreams with anything in particular.

So anyway, today I was out there again with the family, enjoying the beautiful fall colours when it came into my mind that I should go to that particular spot I had dreamed about. So I set to. When I arrived, the thought of the ring came into my mind. I got down on all fours and began clearing away leaves. After about ten minutes of feeling terribly foolish and just about ready to stop, there it was! Covered in leaves and half buried in the soil!!

I'm still feeling like all this is just a dream and I'm going to wake up tomorrow and the ring will still be missing. But then, I look it over and there's just no way I'm dreaming this. I really actually found it after being missing for two years!

It's very weird to me that my mind was somehow trying to tell me where it was without me consciously knowing it!

Some things are just too strange for fiction... :D

Post subject: Re: An unbelievable lost and found story...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 am 

That's a super (natural) story! :D