It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Posting pics...?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:39 pm 

Question about posting pictures of trucks that aren't owned by the member posting....should it be done ?
Some of the pictures from Ebay or vehicles for sale I'm sure aren't a big deal but what about the ones from other truck forums.Looking through the "other" trucks post I see there are many decal packages that aren't pictured.I know that most truck guys have these saved but haven't posted them.Is this because you don't own the trucks and is considered decent Web etticut or...?
It would be great to know whoever actually owned the trucks but usually this is not possible. Hopefully most truck guys wouldn't care if a picture was used of their truck for reference or to advance the interest/hobby.What do you guys think ?? :?:
Maybe if the same trucks pop up in enough places they will become famous... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Posting pics...?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 am 

That's a tough one... I know exactly what you mean. From what I've been able to determine, it is considered an infringement of copyright to republish someone else's content without their permission. I'm not as concerned about pictures as about articles and such. We certainly have our share of pictures on MPW that were copied from somewhere else but as you say, it's often impossible to track down the original owner. If in doubt, it's just about as good to post a link to something on the net. To my understanding, it is perfectly ethical and acceptable to do so.