It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the hunt for a truck.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:13 am 

i have been to several places all around NY and massachusetts looking at trucks. i have been searching for trucks in the 3000 range. i have to say it seems Dodge are the best bang for the buck from what i have seen. this ford i went to see last night was in great shape. it would need some repairs from what i saw in the pictures. so i decided to go and have a look. i drove 2 hours to get to it. when i got there it was dark out. everything looked good as far as the front clip. cab had new floor boards but the corners needed to be done. the bed of the truck had a brand new plastic type bed liner in it screwed down to the truck bed. so i ask the guy if he had a flashlight so i could check under the truck. took him a while to get one. i shined under the bed of the truck only to see the new bed liner from under the truck. The hole was so big it went from side to side and half way from back bumper to middle of wheel wells. i just said thanks and basically left. if he was hiding that from me i can only guess what else he was hiding. it had potential. i just seem to be getting tired of having to toss money in to cars and trucks. i am thinking about going up on budget and just get a good running clean truck i can just drive. not worry about fixing up. fixing is the fun part. i am just tired.

Post subject: Re: the hunt for a truck.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:48 am 

I fully understand. Unfortunately the quality of truck I am seeking is presently out of my price range. When I have a little cash, I can't find the right truck. When quality trucks are plentiful, I never have a comfortable margin of cash to purchase them.

Post subject: Re: the hunt for a truck.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm 

what you need to do is find a clean west coast truck and haveit shipped....lots of stuff for not much coin out this way....