It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Woodgrain door panels/dash panel options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm 

So can anyone tell me could you just check off a box for which wood grain panel for the door/instrument panel you wanted for a truck on '75-79.?

I've seen these two, and also black on the doors, then the listed wood grain dash, along with silver/argent? and maybe just black?

Thoughts?

I know the Adventurer, Sport, and SE had some options,

Thanks for your help.
Just trying some those Dodge things!

-Jim

Attachments:
doorpanel.jpg
doorpanel.jpg [ 110.31 KiB | Viewed 4988 times ]
interior77.jpg
interior77.jpg [ 67.78 KiB | Viewed 4991 times ]
burlwood-dash.jpg
burlwood-dash.jpg [ 90.27 KiB | Viewed 4988 times ]

Post subject: Re: Woodgrain door panels/dash panel options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:42 pm 

I believe the wood grain accents interior were put in the model "Adventure" in trucks and the RamCharger SE & TailDuster Sport SUVs. All LRE are "Adventures" and the wood accents were only on the upper door panels and horizontal dash trim strip. On RamCharger SE & TrailDuster Sport models, the upper door panels had the wood accent along with the Dash/gauge panel and horizontal dash trim below where the AC vents are installed (AC or no AC vent dash area). I have not seen many wood accent dashes except in loaded RC,TD SUVs.
The upgraded wood dash/gauge panel accent "may" have also come in loaded "Adventure" trucks too, I just have not seen many other than your photo. I have seen may up for auction on Ebay.
Black Dash/gauge panel with gold stripes were only in Warlock trucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 pm 

ok, I hope that I say this the right way.....
before I get too far, they made 3 different types of woodgrain, 1975-76 was burlwood(looks like it sounds), 1977-78 was rosewood(kinda shinny looking), and 1979-80 was walnut(dull finish) If you put the rosewood and walnut side by side, the rosewood looks more glossy and has more of a red tone to it. Now, that being said, here is some more info...

another thing is that it all depended on the trim level of the truck that you ordered, unless you had a "trim override" package, which some trucks like the "californian" and the "palomino" had, or just the "override" package, otherwise they are as follows...

1975----- custom package--> black dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer----->black dash panel, black inserts on the door panels....
Adventurer Sport--->burlwood dash insert, burlwood insert panel on the rt side of the dash, burlwood insert on the door panels
Adv SE--->burlwood on dash and door panels, burlwood insert panel on the rt side of the dash,with map pockets below door panel.

1976----- custom package--> black dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer----->black dash panel, black inserts on the door panels....
Adventurer Sport--->burlwood dash insert, burlwood insert panel on the rt side of the dash, burlwood insert on the door panels
Adv SE--->burlwood on dash and door panels, burlwood insert panel on the rt side of the dash, with map pockets below door panel.

1977----- custom package--> silver dash benzel, aluminum finish strip on mid section of the dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer---> silver dash benzel, rosewood on lower dash(woodgrain strip), rosewood woodgrain on the standard door panels.
Adventurer SE---> rosewood dash benzel, rosewood on the lower dash(woodgrain strip), soft vinal/carpet full door panel with rosewood insert

1978----- custom package--> silver dash benzel, aluminum finish strip on mid section of the dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer---> silver dash benzel, rosewood on lower dash(woodgrain strip), rosewood woodgrain on the standard door panels.
Adventurer SE---> rosewood dash benzel, rosewood on the lower dash(woodgrain strip), soft vinal/carpet full door panel with rosewood insert.

1979----- custom package--> silver dash benzel, aluminum finish strip on mid section of the dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer---> silver dash benzel, walnut on lower dash(woodgrain strip), walnut woodgrain on the standard door panels.
Adventurer SE---> walnut dash benzel, walnut on the lower dash(woodgrain strip), soft vinal/carpet full door panel with walnut insert

1980----- custom package--> silver dash benzel, aluminum finish strip on mid section of the dash, no inserts on the door panels
Adventurer---> silver dash benzel, walnut on lower dash(woodgrain strip)
Adventurer Sport--->silver dash benzel, aluminum finish strip on mid section of the dash, brushed aluminum insert on door panel.
Adventurer SE---> walnut dash benzel, walnut on the lower dash(woodgrain strip), standard door panels with the walnut plastic insert with carpet below the door panel.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 pm 

on the SUV ramcharger and Trail Dusters, they came two ways, either in custom models, or in the SE (SPORT for Trailduster), and the above would also apply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 am 

You guys are a wealth of knowledge! I've been trying to piece the combinations together now for about 3-4 yrs, just looking at different trucks, options etc. Very good info, will have to read this a couple times! Will have more questions, so there's the long strip below the steering wheel and runs across pretty much the whole lower dash, and the chrome strip just below the glove box door, see pic, and these are the bezels on just the sports, and SEs you mentioned right? Pic attached.

And have you ever seen this? on a '78 LRE, clock on the left side and tach on the right??? Ive always just seen the clock or tach on the right side.. interesting

Thanks for all your great info. I gotta read that a few more times.
-Jim

Attachments:
78express_clock-tach.jpg
78express_clock-tach.jpg [ 122.37 KiB | Viewed 4981 times ]
lowerdash_bezel.jpg
lowerdash_bezel.jpg [ 104 KiB | Viewed 4984 times ]
78_trailduster.jpg
78_trailduster.jpg [ 47.83 KiB | Viewed 4981 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 am 

Palomino,
Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 pm 

Excellent resource.

Never seen that info explained better.

Big thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:52 pm 

jimbob wrote:
You guys are a wealth of knowledge! I've been trying to piece the combinations together now for about 3-4 yrs, just looking at different trucks, options etc. Very good info, will have to read this a couple times! Will have more questions, so there's the long strip below the steering wheel and runs across pretty much the whole lower dash, and the chrome strip just below the glove box door, see pic, and these are the bezels on just the sports, and SEs you mentioned right? Pic attached.

And have you ever seen this? on a '78 LRE, clock on the left side and tach on the right??? Ive always just seen the clock or tach on the right side.. interesting

Thanks for all your great info. I gotta read that a few more times.
-Jim

the clock on the left side of the panel was only available for the 1975 and 76 models, it was optional, and not available after that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:35 am 

Gotcha on that clock and tach combo option, that's the first time I've ever seen that. Have you ever seen a clock or tach (were both avail?) on the earlier dash trucks, '72-74? You can see there is a cutout on the left side for adding something. I have never seen one, extremely rare I assume?

-Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:12 pm 

72-74 had the option of either a clock or a tach, but not both