It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: '75-79 Dodge Exterior Trim options
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 pm 

Okay, here's another one.

Soo.. the lower exterior trim on the 75 and up

Customs were silver with black insert, or none?
Adventurers were .....
Adventurer Sports were silver throughout
Adventurer SEs were silver with woodgrain insert?

Now my '76 has the outside upper SS trim just at the cab corner with the beltline trim, now the 77-78s had it go lower across the door, fender and box. Was that a whole other option, or did it change between '76 and '77.

Here's some pics of what I could gather.. Thoughts?

-Jim

Attachments:
File comment: '75 RC SE wood grain exterior trim
Se-trim_1.jpg
Se-trim_1.jpg [ 69.88 KiB | Viewed 3938 times ]
File comment: actually a '78 D100 custom (adventurer maybe?), lower body trim
78dodge-plow_3.jpg
78dodge-plow_3.jpg [ 130.97 KiB | Viewed 3938 times ]
File comment: 76 power wagon adventurer sport trim
76sport-trim.jpg
76sport-trim.jpg [ 109.53 KiB | Viewed 3938 times ]

Post subject: Re: '75-79 Dodge Exterior Trim options
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am 

Jim....
So here is the deal, from 1972-80, and it depended what paint procedure you ordered, and if you had the infamous "trim override" package on it, or molding delete....there were several variations depending on what you had or wanted and which boxes got checked off on the order form.....here goes, and I am certain that there is going to be a few things that I might miss...

1972-1974
The woodgrain for the early trucks was a walnut style finish from 72-74 on the sport and SE trucks....

----custom-->Custom nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door (sometimes....some also said custom 100-200-300 on the fender or just simply nothing at all).if it had a different color roof, then it had the cab surround mlding on it. Metal door panels

adventurer----->if it was solid paint, it had the narrow side molding on it that followed the body line, taillight surrounds, and narrow molding on the tailgate, Adventurer nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....Fiberglass door panels without woodgrain on them, but have adventurer nameplate on them. Bright division channel molding for 1/4 glass window....

Adventurer Sport---->same as above, but had wider argent silver side molding that followed the body line, tail light surrounds, wide tailgate molding, stainless surrounds on the front and rear windows, Adventurer Sport nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....Fiberglass door panels withwoodgrain on them, but have adventurer sport nameplate on them. Bright drip rail chrome molding.

Adventurer SE---->same as the Adventurer Sport, except moldings had woodgrain in them instead of the argent silver. woodgrain inlay on the inside portion of the tailgate, and an Adventurer SE nameplate with brownish-red background mounted like above....Fiberglass door panels withwoodgrain on them, but have adventurer SE nameplate on them with map pockets below panel.
Bright drip rail surround molding.

1975-76
all models used the same style plastic door panels, the difference was the adventurers got the black metal insert, the adv sport got burlwood, and the se got the burlwood and the map pockets.....

custom-->Custom nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door (sometimes....some also said custom 100-200-300 on the fender).if it had a different color roof, then it had the cab surround mlding on it.

adventurer----->if it was solid paint, it had the narrow side molding on it that followed the body line, taillight surrounds, and narrow molding on the tailgate, Adventurer nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....Bright division channel molding for 1/4 glass window....

Adventurer Sport---->same as above, but had wider argent silver side molding that was about 3 inches wide and did not follow the body line, tail light surrounds, wide tailgate molding, stainless surrounds on the front and rear windows(some had it, some didn't, mainly a 75 thing), Adventurer Sport nameplate on rear bed corner if sweptline bed, if utiline bed, then it was on the door. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....
bright drip rail surround molding. Wheel Arch chrome moldings, Bright division channel molding for 1/4 glass window, wheel lip bright trim...

Adventurer SE---->same as the Adventurer Sport, except moldings had woodgrain in them instead of the argent silver. woodgrain inlay on the inside portion of the tailgate, and an Adventurer SE nameplate with brownish-red background mounted like above....

1977-79

----custom-->Custom nameplate on the fender. If it was 2 tone paint, then several molding packages were available depending on the procedure, but anything could be had molding wise on a custom except for the wide tailgate molding and taillight surrounds, and typically only an upper narrow tailgate molding. if it had a different color roof, then it had the cab surround molding on it.

adventurer----->if it was solid paint, it had the narrow upper side molding on it as standard equipment, but depending on paint procedure you could get other moldings too, taillight surrounds, and narrow moldings on the tailgate, Adventurer nameplate on the fender. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....bright drip rail surround molding and bright windshield lock strip front and rear.

Adventurer SE---->Black lower wide molding standard in black but other moldings available depending on which box you checked off on the order form, tail light surrounds, wide tailgate molding with silver semi-reflective inlay. Adventurer SE nameplate on the front fender. Wheel Arch chrome moldings thru most of 1978, gone by 1979. Bright division channel molding for 1/4 glass window thru 1977 and some 78's have had it too. If it was 2 tone paint then it had the cab surround molding on it too....bright drip rail surround molding and bright windshield lock strip front and rear

1980 was essentially the same as 1977-79, except that the Adventurer Sport trim level was brought back for 1 year, and was similar to the similar to the SE on the outside except that it did not have the silver inlay on the tailgate, and did not have the bright lock retainers on the windshield or rear window. Upper and Lower moldings standard....

note: in 1979 the quad headlight grille was standard on the SE trim level, and optional on all other models...
1980 was the same as 79 with the only exception was that the center portion of the grille was painted flat black.....

I hope that this answers some of your questions.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 am 

aah, yes, that actually helps a great deal when I'm trying to look at junkyard trucks and solve just what truck is what! I think truck stuff is alot better than figuring out all of the 60-70s dodge car stuff, I'll never be able to figure out all of those options, codes etc. etc. That is great info, I really appreciate your help in explaining it all!

Do you know if the pedal trim setup was avail as an option or part of a package, it seems like I've seen them on customs, SEs, and adventures, and maybe some sports, but not always all of them. ideas? I like 'em. Wouldn't happen to have a spare 4speed pedal one? I need one more! : )

-Jim

Attachments:
sspedals.jpg
sspedals.jpg [ 71.33 KiB | Viewed 3930 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 am 

now those were on "SE" specific trucks.... and I don't have any spares, and they are about as hard to get as hens teeth.
I have 2 sets of them, and my other set is slated for my big horn, even though it never had them....

Attachments:
palomino 123007.jpg
palomino 123007.jpg [ 433.41 KiB | Viewed 3934 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:31 pm 

That's good to know what they were mainly on SEs, but not all of them correct? I put them on my '76 also, but I want to swap the auto for a 4speed with the 440. I didn't have them on my '75 RC SE or my '77 D200 SE 440 but maybe they were changed out if they all came with them? I see the gas pedals, auto brake pad, and ebrake pad ones, but have only seen on chrome trim 4speed truck ever.. Thanks for all your help, more to come I'm sure!

-Jim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:09 pm 

The SEs were the only one to come with the cowl,kick panel on the lower part of the cabs right?

Thanks for your help

-Jim

Attachments:
cowlpanels.jpg
cowlpanels.jpg [ 109.29 KiB | Viewed 3922 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 pm 

jimbob wrote:
The SEs were the only one to come with the cowl,kick panel on the lower part of the cabs right?

Thanks for your help

-Jim

yup, 1977-1980 only on the SE's