It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: new to the site
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 am 

i called skyjacker, and asked them wat to run and they tried to sell me the most expensive thing possible and told me bds wasnt american made blah blah blah, they told me everything but wat i wanted to know

i want a 2.5 total, so 2.5 spings up front, and wat springs for the back to remove the block?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:51 pm 

Some trucks can fit a 33x12.50 with no lift. It just depends on the wheels and how bad your stock springs are de-arched. My 91 Ramcharger did this using factory ram van wheels and trimming the stock plastic flares. I highly recommend a lift that uses rear springs opposed to more blocks. All the W series trucks I've had used a block out of the factory, and stacking another block on that is a terrible and unsafe idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 am 

heres wat i want, number one i got her fixed and drove her friday and it was awesome even with the short exhuast. i want 2.5 inches of lift all the way around to clear 33 12.5 and this guy at skyjacker seriously told me that i will stack their block on top of my factory one and when i said i wanted full springs he said 4 inch and theyre 500 a pair which i will not use skyjacker i like super lift better so will a 4 inch spring keep the truck level and give me the lift i want while eliminating the block?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am 

macho781988 wrote:
heres wat i want, number one i got her fixed and drove her friday and it was awesome even with the short exhuast. i want 2.5 inches of lift all the way around to clear 33 12.5 and this guy at skyjacker seriously told me that i will stack their block on top of my factory one and when i said i wanted full springs he said 4 inch and theyre 500 a pair which i will not use skyjacker i like super lift better so will a 4 inch spring keep the truck level and give me the lift i want while eliminating the block?

Go online to summitracing.com and use their menu look up lift kits for your truck. They have skyjacker and many other brands. The kits are spring based and are pretty reasonable from what I have seen...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 am 

ok new update, headers in, and sealed up, exhaust on, factory gas tank gone and a fuel is going in the bed for now, but i gave up on it for the time being too many headaches and i have to pay attention to other things, but i will say the 2o bucks glass packs and 2 1/2 inch exhaust sound better than i thought they would! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 am 

new update, the trucks 318 is gonna be pulled here in a couple weeks and refreshed along with the transmission. i want to swap to a 2wd tcase and 4.10 gears front and rear with 33 inch tires anyone run this combo? i had a 79 on 35s with 4.10s and i rather liked the fact that it would spin them easily. so is anyone running the 4.10s? wat did you use for teh front cause i cant find the gear set and i really dont know wat my axle is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8