It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The S&S Macho lives !!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:48 am 

Rick Simon wrote:
I found this photo on Facebook under the title "Simon &Simon Truck". It's a little aggrivating that there is absolutely no information except for the picture.

I have all the S & S episodes on DVD and watch them regularly. I can almost say for sure this is the truck from the show, at least from this picture. If it isn't, someone spent a huge amount of time and effort to create a carbon copy of the original right down to the last detail.
Quote:
However the red hood still throws me. I just wish there was more info available. I have been fascinated by this truck since I was about 12 years old.

Me too! I fell for this truck the first time I saw it on the show. I imagine Rick accidentally broke a bottle of cheap tequila over the hood which ate through the metal and he got "Carlos" to find a replacement. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm 

Check out the last page of my photobucket (link in my signature line). I have some screen grabs of this truck and the '81 cab'd one. Notice the differences in the winch bumpers. The '81 cab'd one also had the '81+ red interior.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm 

wow dan, i found my macho not too far from me for 600 bucks as an actual macho, with a 360 which i still have but a 318 lives in it now. youll get one there everywhere now, ppl here dodge and go cha ching thanks to the cudas and challengers tho.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:37 pm 

Got this today from the person who posted the facebook page.
"Its alive and well in Indiana with 28,000 original miles! It has been in storage since 1989 and gets driven a few times each summer! It looks just like it did the day it drove off Universal Studios lot!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 am 

I just liked his page and invited him to join the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 am 

It's very cool to know this truck is still out there and perfectly preserved. Especialy since it by all accounts is a true Macho, and the rare long bed version at that. As I said before, the red hood throws me a bit, but there could be many reasons for that. All I know is I wish I had about $100 grand that I could spare, 'cos I'd pay it for the Macho of Machos. This truck has been in my head for 30 years.
I really hope the person puts up some more photos and info. I'd like to know if it's a '79 or '80, 360 or 318, auto or manual, Some photos of the interior etc, etc. Amazing that for 30 years I have been able to find out almost no information on the truck other than the studio intentionally made it look rough, and it in reality was in almost new condition despite what we saw on TV. and now info is starting to trickle in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 am 

Agreed 100% on everything you said. Actually, I've been trying from time to time to get a direct connection with someone who was involved with the show to do a Q&A about the truck and why they decided on it for Rick's vehicle instead of something else. I've also tried to get some sort of connection with Gerald McRaney in hopes I could do an interview with him about the truck and the show. It's nice to know the original 79 S & S Macho is intact and this guy is taking care of it. Hats off to him, whoever he is, for preserving what is a key piece of 1980s television culture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm 

Edited by MPW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:19 pm 

I posted on his FB page but my post doesn't appear. I think FB has an option that allows you to approve pages before they are posted so that might be what's going on. I'd love to get him here so we can ask him about the truck and how he came in possession of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 pm 

I hope he does. I'd love to ask a few questions.
In the meantime, take a look at this. File it under "Best use of a wrecker bumper" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ENiSJX5_s&context=C3e51102ADOEgsToPDskJ1Cg4VW7jlvaRE3yBwcKva

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next