It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 77 macho 566 orig miles paperwork
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 am 

I'll do an even trade and I don't even care if you got your truck running. My truck is really road worthy and I'd drive it any where. It's cleaner then many newer trucks. Heck I give you both number 13 and 3. I've got over 11k in both trucks.

Attachments:
SAM_0245.JPG
SAM_0245.JPG [ 427.73 KiB | Viewed 5023 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 am 

In the light again

Attachments:
00C0C_kG6TL8ckLw6_600x450.jpg
00C0C_kG6TL8ckLw6_600x450.jpg [ 49.2 KiB | Viewed 4969 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:58 am 

lots a coin for only one pic. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am 

I noticed that yesterday as well while searching craigs. At least his price has come way down from the 20+ he was asking. It's hard to sell anything when it not running. Your best bet would be to try and get it running and you'll have more people interested in it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:23 pm 

http://smd.craigslist.org/cto/4054614722.html

Has more pictures of it, I have to say it's really pretty cool truck. After looking at all the pics he post on the ad I'd offer around 8k for it now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:50 pm 

Does look pretty cool from here! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:24 pm 

It might be worth $20k running. Seems simple enough to get it running, even with a broken gas filler neck. Maybe the problem is the location of the truck storage is not conductive to his skills to work on it.........I find no mention of engine size. Might be worth more $ with a 440. Having more photos of the engine bay and underhood equipment lable would be nice............Having it on a local Craigs List tells me he wants to see it around his town after it's sold. That kind of truck needs more national advertising, like Ebay.............The other option would be with engine running to take it down to the local Dodge Truck dealer. I know any Dodge Dealer would be delighted to give him a $13K trade credit on a new crew cab 2500..............Payments suck though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:07 pm 

I think he said it's a 360 truck in his first post in this thread.Wonder why the roll bar was painted black?Also wonder what the story is why it set from day 1 and was never driven again?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:54 am 

The engine is a 360... the roll bars were not painted black they are wrapped in black leather. The reason the truck sat is just as confusing to me as anyone. I would not have let it deteriorate over the years but that is the way my father in-law is, he buys something because he wants it and then it sets. He has a bunch of toys just the same way. He does not have any memories with the truck at all and My family was in the need for a truck. He said he would rather give the truck to us to be sold so he could watch us enjoy the new truck together as a family instead of just letting this one rot away in the garage. To answer the other questions of why I haven't got it running is the fact that I work a lot, have two small children, a house, and other expenses and this truck is the last priority on my mind and not really a priority right now. If I had a little more time and money perhaps I would spend both getting it running but I would rather sell it the way it is and have time to spend with my family rather than a project that I am not really interested in right now. The next answer to the question of if I want to see it riding around is no I do not but I have never sold anything on EBAY or a national site and probably wouldn't know how otherwise I probably would and it would save me the hassle of people just coming to "CHECK IT OUT" every time instead of being a serious buyer. The under hood of the truck is rusty, faded, and has a hole above the radiator where I believe the evaporation has occurred. The build sheet is attached but I must say the under hood portion has to be the worst looking aspect of the truck for what ever reason. I have shown the truck a few times over the past month to I guess what you would say are collectors. Each one of them has told me that my asking price was about right and that is why I have kept it there. If you would like to see more pics of the truck you can always email me at the address I gave in earlier posts and I could try and get what you need. Or if you have advise on selling the truck other than getting it running I would be happy to hear it and take the advise, everything that I have received about the truck so far has been accurate. Thank you again for the interest, any more questions I would be happy to try and answer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm 

I wish I was closer to PA........... I could get it running in about 1 hour after changing the oil.
I would use an auxillary gas supply (gas can with a hose, mounted higher than the carb) and install the fuel directly into the inlet steel pipe fitting of the carburetor.

Ebay is a member auction listing association. You have to join.....No money is needed untill you sell the Truck. They email you a bill. It's about 3% of the total sale . You have to link your bank account to PayPal Ebay account. Ebay will guide you through this process. ........You let the buyer make the steps for shipping.

Ebay is easy to list, just follow the promps. ....First go to the Dodge Power Wagon shopper's page as a shopper and note the catagory information on top of the page so you wil list your truck with the other Power Wagons............

Put 12 photos in the listing by following the promps..... Make sure the rusted/pitted/damaged areas are all shown within the 12 photos. Engine compartment is important with photos of the paper equipment label and metal data plate.

Tell the same story you told about the truck on this site.
Start the bidding at your reserve price of $13500?
Hope that helps.
Or have it hidden and start the bidding at $1000.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next