It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 77 macho 566 orig miles paperwork
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 pm 

If you can post scans of some of the paperwork

it would also help the rest of us in trying to figure

out how some of these awesome rigs were sold.

Is there an invoice or contract, shipping notice

original salesman's order?

What's the story on why it wasn't driven?

KILLER FIND!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 am 

Also, what kind of tire is the spare??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 pm 

The spare is a formula desert dog just like the others. The tag under the hood says Goodyear but when my father in law purchased it he ordered those specific tires for on it. He told me that he had to pick options out of a book to put on it. He also said that carpet was another thing he had added from the factory when he ordered it. I dug through the glove box and found the original sales slip from the dealer with his name on it and another paper that says it is the odometer registration. He is the only owner except me but I have not transferred the title to my name yet. I took pictures of the inside interior, under hood including tag, the spare tire, and the other documents that I have. He told me that he might have the catalog that he ordered from somewhere. I also found a picture I him with the truck after he bought it with a promotional t shirt given with the truck when he bought it new. I explained to him about the tire issue and he said that those are the original tires that he ordered with the truck and that there were never good years on it, he has no reason to lie. I also took pictures of the odometer reading. In one of the exterior pics of the truck I just took you can see where the window where it sat for 33 years faded the paint and the yellow stripe. He said he only drove it a while and let it set inside the garage because he didn't want it to get ruined with salt on roads and weather. He also told me that only two other machos were ever sold from that dealership in our area. One was a silver long bed and the other was a yellow shortbed. He said they rotted away. If you knew my father in law you would understand why it sat so long. He has a dart swinger with 3000 miles and matching numbers, he is a mopar fanatic you could say. If some one contacts my email I can send the pics to be posted, I haven't had time to figure out how to do it, thanks Chris .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 pm 

Great History on your truck. I can understand the tire ordered option. I have ordered two Dodge trucks in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 pm 

Yes, great history.

Simply amazing, probably one of a kind virtually never driven. WOW

Can't wait to see more pics!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 pm 

Minorthreat wrote:
The spare is a formula desert dog just like the others. The tag under the hood says Goodyear but when my father in law purchased it he ordered those specific tires for on it. He told me that he had to pick options out of a book to put on it. He also said that carpet was another thing he had added from the factory when he ordered it. I dug through the glove box and found the original sales slip from the dealer with his name on it and another paper that says it is the odometer registration. He is the only owner except me but I have not transferred the title to my name yet. I took pictures of the inside interior, under hood including tag, the spare tire, and the other documents that I have. He told me that he might have the catalog that he ordered from somewhere. I also found a picture I him with the truck after he bought it with a promotional t shirt given with the truck when he bought it new. I explained to him about the tire issue and he said that those are the original tires that he ordered with the truck and that there were never good years on it, he has no reason to lie. I also took pictures of the odometer reading. In one of the exterior pics of the truck I just took you can see where the window where it sat for 33 years faded the paint and the yellow stripe. He said he only drove it a while and let it set inside the garage because he didn't want it to get ruined with salt on roads and weather. He also told me that only two other machos were ever sold from that dealership in our area. One was a silver long bed and the other was a yellow shortbed. He said they rotted away. If you knew my father in law you would understand why it sat so long. He has a dart swinger with 3000 miles and matching numbers, he is a mopar fanatic you could say. If some one contacts my email I can send the pics to be posted, I haven't had time to figure out how to do it, thanks Chris .

Chris...
That makes more sense. I wonder if your father in law went thru the special equipment catalog and got them thru there. Was the roll bar also painted black when he took possession of the truck...as most were primary body color.
Fell free to PM me, so I can give you my e-mail address.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 pm 

I'll post them for you as well, just send them to my email you have. Also dont worry about me trying to buy your truck off of you any more. I just spent way to much on a 69 1/2 dodge superbee(lol). I do really like that truck, I hope to find one with that kind of mileage and condition but a 79 or 80 in orange.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm 

Sorry for the delay in response but I've been busy wih he hoolidays. If you guys wanna post pics that I have send an email to my address in the very first page I created it is listed. I can send you the new pics, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 pm 

More, More!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 pm 

Hello all, I have come to the decision that I might have to sell the truck. I don't really want to but I need a reliable truck for the family. If anyone has any interest or knows what I should ask for it I'd appreciate the input. I tried to get a value from Internet resources but they don't give the option to pic mileage and so forth. Any help would be great thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next