It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just got another macho lined up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 pm 

That's awesome, love the picture of the two together. Are going give this macho the same treatment as your other?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 pm 

This one is going slightly different only in power train. Body and paint will be completely restored like the last one. Don't think I'm gonna lift this one. However, this one will be receiving a nice power plant. Still in the air right now. Dropped three engines off at my machine shop this morning. Having second thoughts on which one to build for this truck. 78 360 with 03 magnum heads, late model roller 360 magnum, or just acquired a pair of X heads and have another virgin 360 block. Also dug up a set of factory chrome "kidney bean" wheels and a set of dealer install fender flares. One of the factory black wheels is damaged beyond repair.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 pm 

I just built a 5.9 360 magnum motor out of a 2003 Durango r/t. I bought the motor with low miles from junk yard for $600. Took it to my machine shop to have it built, bought new EQ heads as the factory ones are prone to crack and had them worked over some. Sure enough when they removed my heads they were cracked. They flow better then the factory heads out of the box but I wanted to shave them and give the motor more compression. I also had Billet Cams regrind my cam for a custom cam grind. New timing chain, new oil pan, new air gap intake with magnum head bolt pattern and new carb. I kept the whole serpentine belt set up on the front and I'll also need a electric fuel pump as I didn't have the cam ground for manual fuel pump. I didn't dyno it yet but I'm thinking it should make awesome hp.
Motor $600
EQ heads $600
cam grind on my cam $150
Air Gap intake around $300
carb $350
oil pan $60.00
$800 motor shop included timing chain

I'm installing it in my 2wd pop ramcharger.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:47 pm 

That belt set up is a nice idea. Hmmmm...... Really want to run a factory port injection but am having problems finding anyone to tune a dodge ecm to take what I want to stuff inside the engine........ Any ideas??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:18 am 

Rotating assembly is almost done. Going out to be balanced Monday. Donor parts truck located for rust repair. Should pick it up Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 am 

Also found a 77 ramcharger that I bought for scrap price just because I didn't want to see it crushed. Kinda rusty. Should be delivered Tuesday if anyone needs parts I'll post pics. I'm just going to dismantle it and keep for parts.