It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got the 440
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 am 

Wow guys its been awhile. I couldn't resist getting the 440 my buddy had, call me a power junkie :D . Got the block at the shop putting the stock crank in with ARP bolts stamped into the connecting rods, Forged pistons are going in with a .030. bore. Shes getting Edelbrock, Rpm heads with roller rockers and and an isky 270 mega cam. I'm gonna match the intake manifold with the Edelbrock Rpm and put a 750 Edelbrock carb. Estimated horse power is around 450 and 512 ft pounds of torque. I'm in limbo about timing chains or gears. The guy at the shop says I'll get tired of the whine of the gears, anyone have any experience with this?

I'm thinking of paiting the block yellow and have the pan and heads black with the valve covers grey, that way it will match the Macho striping on the truck. Also I've been searching for a doner truck for the bed and door and hopefully one with air conditioning. Can't seem to find any and Nellis AFB use to use dodge trucks all the time. Is there any aftermarket Air conditioning made for our trucks??? I get the bottom part of my engine back in the next week or two . I'll post some pics. Also someone asked if I had picks when the truck was new. I'm at my mom's house in California now so I'll try to locate those and put them on as well. The truck was bought at Moss Brothers dodge by my dad in 1978 with 500 miles on it. Gotta love when you know the whole history of the vehicle. I look forward with sharing this rebuild with you guys and getting your input.

Post subject: Re: Got the 440
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:09 am 

Looking forward to seeing those vintage pics!!!!