It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1978 Macho up in the Yukon
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 pm 

1978 Dodge Power Wagon on eBay

Originally a clean West Coast California Truck, this Macho Power Wagon edition Dodge was the receipient of a complete, every nut and bolt restoration which was excecuted to a very high standard. Paint and body work are well done, with no cutting or patching of the originasl west coast sheetmetal, with the exception of two floor panel which had some rust due to the carpet over it. Panel gaps are excellent, and the bright blue iridescent paint is a base/clear urethane that sparkles in the sunlight. The low lustre black remains true to original and was done using a single stage urethane. The decals are excellent reproductions, which the company was licenced by Dodge to reproduce.

As much as I attempted to retain the original look of this rare truck, a new Chrysler 408ci Stroker engine with 375hp was installed. This motor was built by Blueprint Engines in the United States and was chosen for their reputation for outstanding crate engines. When looking under the hood you will not find anything other than all new, all original Dodge parts. Even the wiring harnesses were replaced and only because the originals looked faded. The transmission is the original 727 TorqueFlight Automatic, as well as the the transfer case and both axles. Each of these items were completely rebuilt as part of the restoration. New driveshafts were fabricated to take into account the five inch lift the truck received during the restoration.

The interior on this beauty is strictly stock,which is a good thing. This truck has all-new upholstery, carpets, and door panels. The console has been restored, and the dash is full of clean, bright gauges. An original NOS AM/FM 8 track player is installed in the truck. No detail has been overlooked in the restoration of this rare Macho Power Wagon

The reserve price is 75% of the build price, which does not include the two years of my time to complete the restoration. The truck has less than 100 miles on it since the restoration. I only use it for the annual parade, followed by a short drive to the lake once a year. The motor is run three times a month to keep it lubricated.

Even though this truck is located in the Yukon, I would be happy to deliver this exeptional truck to you anywhere in Canada or the United States. I have a new trailer for the purpose of transporting.

Post subject: Re: 1978 Macho up in the Yukon
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 pm 

I really think it's cool looking But....

I couldn't find anywhere in the AD that states, it was originally Blue and Silver,
and not a Macho.

Attachments:
blue and silver clone.JPG
blue and silver clone.JPG [ 665.32 KiB | Viewed 3839 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm 

I totally agree -- wrong wheels, roll bar, mirrors, etc, etc. I'm not convinced it even is a legit Macho. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 pm 

Ray is member here.

this is from a post back in 08 or 09

""It is a 78 Power Wagon originally from California, that I picked up in Alaska. It is not (I doubt) a factory Macho Power Wagon. I am however,trying to clone it to the last detail. I need to paint the front of the cab before it goes back on the frame and I don't know how, meaning what colour to use. the truck will be low lustre black and voodoo blue.

The frame is complete and covered in POR-15 A new 408 chrysler from www.blueprint.com installed, cab and box undersides are painted. I parted from technically correct, numbers matching restoration at that point but the original engine was beyond salvage when I got it.

Also noticed in the pics on this site that there was a chrome strip separating the paint colors on the back of the cab. I don't have one. If anyone has a good spare they would like to sell me I could use it.

Ray """

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:04 pm 

Ah, well there we go! Not a bad looking truck...just a shame he's calling it a Macho not a replica. I'll be curious to see where it ends up price wise!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:17 pm 

its at 7k right now, and he claims to have over 13k in the driveline but i dont buy it, idk how ppl can build auto trans to over kill for a street truck, and the axles, gears in my area wont even total a grand maybe 6 or 700, thats if he even regeared it to pull the tires. and a 375 horse 408? thats only 6k and honestly if he was gonna go all out 375 horse? really? counldnt he have just bought a 440 for over 500 horse? my guess is hes trying to get way more money than this truck will ever be worth in the next 10 years. i do like the color tho, did they have macho in that blue color?