It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lil questions....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm 

I am old enough to have bought a new Lil back in the day. I started driving in 1974 and have had many muscle cars, most being Chevy because they were SO much cheaper to build than Mopars, but at heart, I was and always have been a MOPAR guy. I have had a couple fast ones in my past including a 72 Duster, had a 340 six pac motor in it, a 72 ramcharger I swapped in a 426 wedge (500hp) and am building a 1991 W150 into a MACHO as well as getting an original 1979 macho soon and another Duster.

My questions are on the Lil Red Express. To memory they were a balanced blueprinted factory 360 with quite a bit of power for the day. What were they (am I right) and what kid of times were they capable of stock? A local had one (Albuquerque) in the 70s but I never raced him or talked to him cause he was a weird dude.

Post subject: Re: Lil questions....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 pm 

The 360 engine was basically a police intercepter spec engine 225 horsepower at the flywheel. The whole truck for 78-79 was a Mopar Truck Model unlike the Warlock truck option for pin stripping package. Engine option Mopar code for the LRE was EH1 and the VIN has to have a "S" in the Fifth Digit to make it a LRE. The '78 was the fastest American made vehicle in that year. Chev Corvette was the second. Both did about 14 seconds in the quarter............. The whole history is at the Dodge Connection ( http://www.dodgeconnection.com/LilRedInfo.html ).