It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warlock Facts & Info...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm 

Can anyone list all the available known info these trucks maybe even with pics ? More of a complete version than whats out there on some other webpages that will stick around and be easy to find.
Started in '76 as a trial deal for public response...sent to CA... etc..
76's were avail. in----- colors/ 77's in ---- / 78's in ----- 79's in -----
Stripes varied slightly starting in....changed again in....Wheels changed in...
Taillights changed in...Could Warlocks be equipped with either headlights in '79 ?

Did all Warlocks have front sway bars ? Was this different than other 2WD
stepsides ? The "stance" on Warlocks appeared different on 2WD as opposed to normal trucks,was spacer blocks in rear springs factory ?

The Warlock interior (seats) / was a $$ option on other trucks.Tuff wheel on all models... Warlock package added $$ to baseline models....Package codes on data core tag...All were Custom series trucks which was an $$ upgrade from base models or was Custom the base model ? Make a difference according to the years ?

While there is no definate way of knowing production #'s this is an educated guess breakdown for the various years...

Well...you get the ideal...I don't believe there is any webpages where all of these details are readily available.I think I only know enough to confuse people. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Warlock Facts & Info...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 am 

On running through some other pages on the Warlock,I've seen on more than one that some would have had /6 engines.

Yes we know that it could have been a possibility but has anyone actually SEEN one ? I would imagine that for a factory 'Hot Rod' type truck that this was probably not a highly sought after option,kinda goes against the grain of what the Warlock was in the beginning.

I've not seen too many real Warlocks (maybe 7 or 8 total) up close but I think all had the 318.
After scanning through LOTS of pages on the net I still haven't seen any /6's.

Maybe some of the other sites out there are just stating that it was possible,not so much that it actually occurred...Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:55 pm 

several, maybe 15 years ago i was with my dad and we stopped at a kmart here in town. we parked beside a well used warlock, it was black, but i didnt look at the grille to see what year it was. it had all the gold pinstriping and stuff, and had the warlock script on the tailgate. it was a manual trans, an 833 OD according to the shift knob. i didnt check the vin or any of that jazz since i was so young, but i do remember was an overdrive trans, and i assume a slant six.

i saw it a few months later in ft wayne, about 25 miles north of me, in traffic. it still had the sideboards on the bed. im sure this truck has been crushed or left for dead somewhere, it looked like it hadnt been taken care of. a few years later i saw an article about a warlock galen govier bought, a 4x4 440 4spd truck, and he was making such a big deal about the manual trans. it made me think back to the one i had saw in person and how rare it probably was.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm 

Just wanted to archive a few pics here.

Attachments:
6401467-49ce_1.jpg
6401467-49ce_1.jpg [ 24.62 KiB | Viewed 11652 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:23 pm 

This black one has received some recent attention

about what is not correct on it.

Attachments:
78warlockbyfgore_4.jpg
78warlockbyfgore_4.jpg [ 57.86 KiB | Viewed 11652 times ]
78warlockbyfgore_3.jpg
78warlockbyfgore_3.jpg [ 43.06 KiB | Viewed 11652 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:51 pm 

There is a 76 /6 over on dodgeconnection.com for sale. Says it is a Warlock and was originally a /6 but now is a big block. So I quess they are out there. I've only seen 3 real ones on the road that I went up to and looked at. All were 360 autos. One was green 360 auto 4x4 a guy in town had a few years ago. Dash caught fire and he junked it. When I found out went to the yard, but it was allready gone. Second was an orange 2wd 360 auto I went to Canton, Oh to look at. Was beat. And the third is the one I own 360 auto 4x4. The original owner said when he went to Mich. to buy it there were 2 on the lot. One green 360 auto 4x4 with A/C and the black 360 auto 4x4 without A/C. He took the black one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:25 am 

Here's a web site:.. http://www.dodgeconnection.com/WarlockInfo.html
Here's a book: http://www.dodgeconnection.com/catalog/ ... 648850.htm

My guess would be that 80%-95% were dealer order. Show room attactions. The dealer ordered them as needed in their areas (4x4, 4x2, 225, 318, 360, 440, ac or not). The thing with the Warlock is you could have "anything' options, as long as it was a Utiline short box bed. The Warlock option was about $700. Alot $$$ for pin stripping, wood bed rails, spoke/chrome wheels, black dash & bucket seats!........As far as real Warlocks, I have seen a '76 Warlock 440 4x2 (really- really rare). And I have seen a 4x4 440 '78 (very rare only 4 built in red w/440).
Attachment:
77 warlock front RS shot.jpg
77 warlock front RS shot.jpg [ 125.59 KiB | Viewed 11641 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:34 am 

Are your production figures from Galen?

Or??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 pm 

The records of production on the Warlock are nonexistent due to a fire at the Chrysler Archives in the 70s. The Warlock was a "package option" unlike the Lil Red Express which was a model type. I have the Galen Books on Warlocks and on Lil Red Express. The 80% to 95% figure, like I said, was a guess. I used to be in the Auto Sales business and have seen the customer special order procedure and regular stock deliveries.
Hope that helps, The Warlock is a difficult bird to get information on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:35 pm 

I was curious about

"" And I have seen a 4x4 440 '78 (very rare only 4 built in red w/440).""

The 4 built in red w/440 # ?