It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 78 Dodge 4X4 Woodsmans Package Warlock??????
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm 

Found this truck on Ebay. Appears to be an other brother to the California model.
The wood bed sides appear to be decal a long with the tailgate. I have included the seller's story on the history of the truck;.........
This is a 1978 Dodge Power Wagon. It is a short box stepside pickup. This truck was a special ordered unit under the Dodge Adult Toy banner. This truck was ordered by Anaheim Dodge in Anaheim, California. It was specially outfitted with components from Hickey Enterprises, including the brush guard, roll bar, rear bumper and aftermarket seat that are seen in the pictures. The truck was used on the rotating display rack as an attention draw. When it was new, it had white Mohawk wheels on it and white letter Desert Dueler tires. The small lift kit was also added by the dealership and has been on the truck since it was new. I purchased this truck from the original owner. You will see the unusually painted woodgrain design down the sides of the box and down the sides of the truck. This custom paint was also an added feature from the dealership. The truck runs and drives very well. It still retains its original 360, it now has an aluminum intake, Edelbrock carburetor, headers and recent dual exhaust with dual catalytic converters. The truck still has its factory powerlock in the rear and has power steering, power brakes and cruise control. The truck is very straight, original and unmolested. The floors are as solid as can be as the truck spent the majority of its life in sunny and dry California. There are a few parking lot dings and body blemishes from the years of daily driver activity, however, this truck has never been beat on and reatains its original sheet metal. You will see in the pictures that the front and rear corners of the front fenders have never been in contact with the tires in off-road use, which is very unusual for a Power Wagon with over size tires. The truck has red interior, a nice sounding aftermarket CD player and a vintage tachometer that was added when nearly new that is still in the truck and functional. At the dealership, the truck received a part time four wheel drive conversion in the transfer case and a hub conversion in the front end. In the 90's when the aftermarket hub components failed, the truck was converted to a more modern, 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern Dodge axles from a 1991 Dodge Power Ram. The truck has 16" aluminum aftermarket wheels with tires that have seen better days. The truck has a front sway bar, transfer case skid plate, nice shocks, etc... This is more or less a Warlock without the badging, just much rarer and unusual. The original owner told me that the salesman at the dealership referred to the truck as a "Woodsmens Package" and as I mentioned, this was built under the Dodge Adult Toy platform. The truck starts right up even on a cold morning and has a newer starter and alternator as well. The only issues I can find with this truck are the right and left hand window regulators are inoperable and the windows don't roll up and down properly, however, I have located a set of doors locally and if the high bidder would like to purchase those separately, I will see to it that they are tied into the back of the truck for shipping purposes. The truck will need new wood in the bed floor and I would guess that somehow mice managed to make a nest in the top portion of the cab and there is a small area near the rearview mirror, along the window edge that is corroded through and will need to be repaired. In my opinion, I believe a person would simply repair this area as the rest of the cab is unbelievably solid. Here is your chance to own one of the rarest 78 Power Wagons ever built. This truck was in the hands of its original owner for 32 years.
Attachment:
78 dodge woodsman PW4.jpg
78 dodge woodsman PW4.jpg [ 1.14 KiB | Viewed 4867 times ]

Attachment:
78 dodge woodsmans PW3.jpg
78 dodge woodsmans PW3.jpg [ 1.27 KiB | Viewed 4867 times ]

Attachment:
78 dodge woodsman PW5.jpg
78 dodge woodsman PW5.jpg [ 1.37 KiB | Viewed 4867 times ]

Post subject: Re: 78 Dodge 4X4 Woodsmans Package Warlock??????
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm 

More photos of the 78 Dodge Woodsman Package Power Wagon;.......
Attachment:
78 dodge woodsman PW7.jpg
78 dodge woodsman PW7.jpg [ 1.12 KiB | Viewed 4866 times ]

Attachment:
78 dodge woodsmans PW2.jpg
78 dodge woodsmans PW2.jpg [ 74.81 KiB | Viewed 4866 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm 

:o Awesome find. Wow would love to park that by my Californians. Congrats on the find. Thanks for sharing the info as well as the pics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm 

I forgot to list the link at Ebay for the auction: .....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT ....
Or ebay item# 120549856305
Starting bid has been taken @$2000. No telling what the reserve is.
Attachment:
78 dodge woodsmans PW2.jpg
78 dodge woodsmans PW2.jpg [ 74.81 KiB | Viewed 4862 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 am 

Seems pretty high for what it is
and the amount of ACTUAL documentation.

Perhaps more info could be strained from the
original owner.

But Looks like a standard Uteline that went
to a SoCal custom shop for some fake wood.

Still a cool truck, but....... $ ?