It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Palomino (2WD/long box/318/auto) from Georgia on the bay...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0364982065

This a pretty nice old truck that has been pretty much rebuilt from the ground up. The Palomino was offered with the 318 power plant on during this one year. 5 years ago and friend who owed me some money agreed to exchange the money for work on the truck at his auto dealership. He complained later my list was 7500.00 worth of work, but I didn't care as I was never going to get the money so I figured anything I got was great. His staff, who knew what he was like went whole hog on this truck. Everything is new. All new wires, distributor, full tune up, remove and rebuild the heads (Rings are good as is compression), new starter motor and wiper motor, new calipers and rotors on the front, all new in the rear, including new brake lines and all new shocks. All hoses to the new radiator, patch panels over the rear wheels, a new right front fender and new tires. All this took place 5 years ago at 113000 miles. 5 years later not much has changed. The new paint has some small bubbles at the bottom, but I don't think there is any rust through the metal. We just don't drive it all so we ought to sell it. The tonneau cover is new and the bed has panels under a carpet which can be removed.

Did I mention a new timing chain and water pump.

This is a very nice truck and I never go anywhere that someone doesn't complement the vehicle. The interior is clean, but it's a truck. It will easily run down the road 10 more years. It is for sale locally so if it sells the auction will end.

The paint job was done at the dealership body shop and done very well. I believe I am the 2nd owner and have had the truck for 17 years. We do some local driving and once a year a round trip from Georgia to Michigan. I have always used Wix filters and Mobile 1 with 3000 mile change out. It has never leaked or dripped oil. It does not smoke or rattle. I rebuilt the carb with a kit and now it loads up and runs rough at idle, but I am not much in traffic so I haven't bothered to rebuild it again. No overheating or transmission issues and all the lights work fine. Pick it up and drive it to Guatamala - no problem.